Nov 16 – Nov 29, 2016. Your first submission will be due on Nov 16 at 4:00PM PDT.
Teams can register up until the Submission 1 deadline (Nov 16).
DATE OF WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
Round 1 judging will begin November 30 - Decemeber 6.
Round 2 judging will begin December 7. The judging process can take up to one month.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPETE
This is an international event. Everyone is welcome to compete. *See Legal Terms for country exclusions.
VR GAME REQUIREMENT
- Virtual reality game
- Must be made for the Samsung Gear VR
- No inappropriate content
- Game must run smoothly
Game must be uploaded to ConstructVR OR SideloadVR. Submit here (pick one):
There will be one device category you may compete under.
All players MUST submit progress of their work on the specified dates or forfeit in the competition.
Milestone 1 - Idea/Pitch: November 16 at 4:00PM PT
- Game Idea/Description (required)
- Team/Individual (required)
Milestone 2 - Screenshots: November 23 at 4:00PM PT
- Game Screenshots (required)
- Updated Description, Track
Milestone 3 - Final Build: November 29 at 4:00PM PT
Submit your final build on ConstructVR OR SideloadVR. (required)
Submit here (pick one):
- Final Description, Track, Screenshots (required)
- Final Game Poster (recommended)
- Final Updated Video Preview (recommended)
Round 1 Social Voting begins! - November 30 at 1:00PM to December 6 at 1:00PM
(Top contestants with the most votes will move onto second round of judging!)
- Screenshot/video and description will be uploaded onto our Facebook page and voting will done there
Round 2 Judging Period Begins - December 7
Team leaders are responsible for these submissions. Team leaders must submit each submission before the specified deadline, or forfeit in the competition. We will NOT be scoring submissions 1 and 2, they are just there to make sure you stay on track! Submission 3 will be used in the social voting process and final judging process.
The photos and game description that can be uploaded on your team page may be changed up until Submission 3 deadline. This section will be viewed by the public and judges.
- 15 2-day Expo passes to CVR
- Feature on Archiact blog
- 5 2-day passes to CVR
PRE-EXISTING ART, ASSETS, GAMES
- Global Archiact Jam competitors may use pre-made code, as long as the code is owned by or licensed to them.
- Games submitted to previous contests, competitions, or promotions OR games published by a third party before the submission open date (Novemeber 16, 2016) are eligible. The reason we host a game jam is to support indie developers in their pursuit of creating innovative and creative games. Game Jams are a platform for developers to use their imagination to create a game within a specific timeline. In the spirit of the game jam we highly encourage you to create your own game.
- You may use any sound that is legally available on the Internet. (Or create your own!)
- All games, submissions, and descriptions must be written in English.
- Teams may be 1 – 10 members in size
Terms and Conditions ("Terms") apply to Global Archiact Jam, and all related contests sponsored by Archiact Interactive Ltd. (each referred to as a "Contest"). Please read these Terms carefully as they form a binding legal agreement between you and Archiact Interactive Ltd., located at 1410-555 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 4N6 Canada ("Archiact") with respect to the Contest.
Our Contests vary and we may post additional terms and conditions on the Contest website, which become part of these Terms and your agreement with us with respect to the Contest.
YOU MAY NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY TO A CONTEST AND ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE PRIZES UNDER A CONTEST UNLESS YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. YOUR SUBMISSION OF AN ENTRY IN A CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS.
The words "include" and "including" as used in these Terms mean "including but not limited to."
- 1 VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Contest is void in Cuba, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Quebec, and where prohibited by law.
- 2 NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. You do not need to purchase any Archiact product to enter or win the Contest.
- 3 Ineligible Individuals.
(a) You cannot participate in the Contest if: (i) You are a resident of Cuba, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or Quebec or anywhere that the Contest is prohibited by law; (ii) You are restricted by applicable export controls and sanctions programs; (iii) You are a current employee (including intern), contractor, officer, or director, of Archiact or its affiliates; or (iv) You are an immediate family member (including a parent, sibling, child, spouse, or life partner regardless of where you live) of one of the individuals listed in subsection above or you are a member of their household (whether related or not).
- 4 Requirements to Enter and Receive a Prize.
(a) In order to enter the Contest, you must have (i) access to the Internet, and (ii) a valid email address.
(b) In order to receive a prize, you must provide your name, country of residence, phone number, a valid postal address, or any other information Archiact may need to award or send you a prize.
- 5 Verifying Eligibility.
Archiact reserves the right to verify your eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time. You agree to provide Archiact with any proof of eligibility requested by Archiact and your refusal or failure to provide such proof within 10 days of Archiact's request will result in your disqualification from the Contest and forfeiture of any prizes.
- 6 Communications.
All communications between Archiact and you, including the Contest website and email communications, will be in English.
2. How to Enter.
- 1 Registration. To enter the Contest, you must register at the Contest website and provide the required information about yourself.
(a) Registration times are listed on the Contest website in PDT. You are responsible for determining the corresponding time in your respective time zone.
(b) You must register for each Contest before you can participate in that Contest. For example, if you registered for Global Archiact Jam 2016, you would still need to register for any other contests.
(c) You may only register for the Contest with one valid email address. If you compete in the same Contest with multiple email addresses, you will be disqualified.
- 2 Screen Names. Archiact reserves the right to change or omit contestant screen names or nicknames for purposes of publication on Archiact websites, particularly if they are, in Archiact's sole opinion, obscene or violate the intellectual property rights of others.
- 1 Overview. The Contest consists of one round that is fully described in additional terms and conditions posted on our website. This round contains three submissions. It is required that contestants complete the submissions, in order to continue in the Contest. Submission 1 and Submission 2 will not be scored, they exist just to keep contestants on track. All scoring will be done in Submission 3.
- 2 Modifying the Contest. Archiact may cancel or modify the structure and location of the Contest if technical difficulties prevent or make it unfair to run the Contest in accordance with these Terms.
- 1 Contestants may choose their development environment.
3. Contest Structure.
5. Submission Requirements.
(a) There will be three submissions total. The designated “team leader” is responsible for completing all three submissions. The only submission that will be judged will be Submission 3.
(b) You should submit your Submission Files with enough time remaining in the time period to avoid latency issues between your computer and Devpost servers.
6. JUDGING AND SCORING.
The project you submit will be judged as follows:
Contestants' games will be ranked based on: UX, creativity, gameplay (how fun the game is), immersive techniques, and interactivity. Each category will be ranked from 1 – 5.
Please note: Bonus points will be awarded if the game supports multiplayer functionality
7. Advancement and Notice of Winners.
- 1 Notice of Advancement. If the Contestant’s submission is submitted on time, they will remain eligible to compete in the Contest. If a submission is missed, the Contestant can still submit their game but will not be eligible for prizes.
- 2 Announcement of Winners. The results of the final round of the Contest will be posted within 30 business days of its completion. Posted results may include a list of the contests' names or nicknames in ranked order based on their scores.
Prize Details. There are multiple prizes to be won, each of which consist of:
(a) First Place
$500 CAD CASH
15 2-DAY Passes to CVR $1500 CAD value
Feature on the Archiact website
(b) Second Place
10 2-DAY Expo passes to CVR $1000 CAD value
Feature on Archiact blog
5 2-day passes to CVR $500 CAD value
*ALL PRIZES WILL BE DELIEVERED IN CANADIAN VALUE*
- 2 Forfeiture. You will forfeit your prize and an alternative winner may be selected, if:
(a) You fail to provide any information requested by Archiact within 15 days of Archiact's request;
(b) You fail to respond to Archiact's email notification within 15 days;
(c) You fail to follow directions provided by Archiact for receiving the prize;
(d) Your prize or prize notification is returned to Archiact; or
(e) You fail to pay applicable taxes or timely submit applicable documentation to Archiact or the relevant tax authority.
(f) You fail to have a valid passport or identification required for international travel.
- 3 Substitute Prizes. Archiact may provide a substitute prize of equal or greater value at Archiact's discretion, or where required by law, or in the event all or part of a prize becomes unavailable.
- 4 Taxes. You are solely responsible for complying with all applicable tax laws and filing requirements. To remain eligible for a prize, you must submit to Archiact or the relevant tax authority all documentation requested by Archiact or required by applicable law within 7 days of Archiact's request or earlier if required by law. You are solely responsible for paying all taxes imposed on prizes awarded to you. All prizes will be net of any taxes Archiact is required by law to withhold.
- 5 No Warranties. Except as required by law, Archiact makes no warranties, express or implied, for prizes.
- 1 You may be disqualified from the Contest and forfeit any prizes you may be eligible to receive if Archiact reasonably believes that you have attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, including:
(a) Providing false information about yourself during registration or concerning your eligibility;
(b) Breaching or refusing to comply with these Terms;
(c) Tampering or interfering with administration of the Contest or with the ability of other contestants to participate in the Contest;
(d) Submitting content that: (i) violates the rights of a third party, (ii) is lewd, obscene, pornographic, racist, sexist, or otherwise inappropriate to the Contest, or (iii) violates any applicable law; or
(e) Threatening or harassing other contestants or Archiact, including its employees and representatives. Harassing behaviour includes, offensive, threatening, and/or hateful comments directed toward an individual or protected class (gender, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, age, race, religion, ethnicity, veteran status), the use or display of sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, taking unwelcome photos/videos, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention, and developing and/or promoting any applications designed to encourage any of these behaviours.
- 2 You may report to Archiact at firstname.lastname@example.org any harassment, cheating, or violation of these Terms by another contestant. Archiact may investigate any such allegations and all decisions by Archiact in these matters are final and binding. If you are asked to stop any harassing behaviour, you are expected to comply immediately.
- 1 Ownership of Submissions. You retain all rights to your submissions of output files that you had before submitting them to the Contest.
- 2 License to Submissions. For any submission you make to the Contest, you grant Archiact a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, free license (with the rightto sublicense) to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use such submission for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest.
- 3 Privacy.
10. Rights in Your Submissions; Privacy.
(b) Sharing Your Information. Your name and username you create during registration may be displayed publicly on the Contest website. If you win a prize, Archiact may share your name and address with third parties to fulfill awarding a prize to you.
(c) Accessing Your Information. You may access, review, and update any of your personal data held by Archiact in connection with the Contest through DevPost.
11. Your Representations, Warranties, Indemnities.
- 1 Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that:
(a) the information you provide about yourself while registering or in subsequent communications with Archiact is truthful and accurate;
(b) your submissions to the Contest are original and, unless expressly permitted by these Terms, not created with the assistance of any information about the Contest not provided by Archiact;
(c) you own all rights in your submissions or otherwise have the right to submit your submissions to Archiact and grant to Archiact the licenses granted in these Terms without violating any rights of any other person or entity or any obligation you may have with them; and
(d) your submissions do not violate any applicable laws.
- 2 Indemnities. You will indemnify Archiact and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees against all liabilities, damages, losses, costs, fees (including legal fees), and expenses relating to any allegation or third-party legal proceeding to the extent arising from:
(a) your acts or omissions in relation to the Contest (including your use or acceptance of any prize and your breach of these Terms); and
(b) your submissions violating any rights of any other person or entity or any obligation you may have with them.
THE CONTEST WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. ARCHIACT DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED), INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ARCHIACT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCOMPLETE, FAILED, OR DELAYED TRANSMISSION OF YOUR APPLICATION INFORMATION OR SUBMISSIONS DUE TO THE INTERNET, INCLUDING INTERRUPTION OR DELAYS CAUSED BY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTION OR OTHER TECHNICAL PROBLEMS.
- 1 Not an Offer or Contract Of Employment.
(a) You acknowledge that your participation is voluntary.
(b) You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and Archiact and that no such relationship is established by your submission of an entry to the Contest.
(c) You understand and agree that nothing in these Terms, any Additional Terms, a submission into the Contest, or an award of a prize may be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Archiact.
- 2 Severability. If any term (or part of a term) of these Terms is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the rest of the rules will remain in effect.
- 3 Translations.
In the event of any discrepancy between the English version of these Terms and a translated version, the English version will govern.
14 Governing Law.
ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE CONTEST RULES WILL BE GOVERNED BY BRITISH COLUMBIA LAW.
- Age. You may participate in the Contest only if you are 13 years of age or older at the time of registration, but you must be 18 years of age or older at the time of registration to be eligible for prizes.
- Contest Structure. The competition will take place online. Submission 1, Submission 2, and Submission 3 must be completed to qualify for judging. Winners will be announced online via Devpost, the Archiact Interactive website, and Archiact's social media accounts.
- Qualification Rounds. For each Submission, team leaders should upload required materials to their submission. By submitting the required materials, contestants are allowed to continue in the competition.
- Final Round. Contestants must submit all materials by the designated "Submission 3" deadline. The final round will consist of judging, and winners will be announced within 30 business days of Submission 3.